Submersible Pump Cable, Downhole Cable
Galaxy is a leading supplier of submersible pump wire and cable, also called downhole cable and well pump wire. These wires and cables are used extensively in the oil and gas industry. The unique construction of downhole/submersible pump cable or wire allows them to be used in very harsh and demanding environments – for sensors, controls, power, or data transmission. These cables can be designed to include tubing to deliver separate chemicals to a desired downhole location.
What is Downhole / Submersible Pump Wire and Cable?
Submersible pump cables / downhold cables are designed for use in the petroleum industry. These cables are sent down the oil well, pipeline or various underwater environments and used to drive centrifugal pumps and control functions. The wire or cable consists of inner conductors that is insulated and jacketed as necessary, then an outer armor is welded around the cable, then another compound is extruded over the outer armor. This outer jacket allows the end of the wire or cable to be overmolded with the appropriate connector for the desired application.
Benefits of a Submersible Pump Cable
Submersible pump cable has a variety of benefits but the main thing is its ruggedness to so that it can be used in harsh environments and extreme conditions. Galaxy offers various AWG sizes, shielding types, and jacket materials for downhole cable and wire that can meet specific needs.
Down Hole / Submersible Pump Wire and Cable Applications
There are many and varied applications for submersible cables. These include, but are not limited to:
- Instrumentation cables
- Control cables
- Power and data cables
- Sensor cables
- Video and broadcast cables
- Note: Galaxy supplies submersible pump / downhole / well pump cable and wire for industrial applications only. No consumer/home products are available.
Galaxy Differentiators / Advantages for Submersible Pump Wire and Cable
With a strong engineering focus, Galaxy has the advantage of assisting in the design of the appropriate submersible cable that will work as designed. Usually, the construction of these types of downhole cables requires multiple companies and manufacturers to create the complete cable. Galaxy has the ability to supply turnkey submersible cable from a single supplier, cutting down on lead time, cost and logistics.
Submersible pump cable from Galaxy is available with the following materials:
- Conductor – bare copper, tinned copper, nickel plated copper, or silver plated copper
- Insulation material – the exact physical environment needs to be examined to determine the appropriate insulation that will perform as expected. Factors include chemicals that will come in contact with the insulation, temperature ranges, external forces applied, voltage requirements, and electrical requirements.
- Strength members or fillers – steel conductor or aramid fibers such as Kevlar® and Nomex®.
- Armor – metal alloy, steel or aluminum, welded on dependent upon environmental condition.
- Overall jacket – an extruded compound covers the armor; the application will determine the compound to be used as an overall cable jacket.
Custom Submersible Pump Cable Technical Specifications
Galaxy offers submersible pump cable and wire in the following ranges of technical specifications:
- Gauge: full range, based upon application requirements
- Voltage: range to be determined based upon application requirements
- Temperature full range of temperature options based upon application requirements
There are various terms used in the wire and cable industry related to this type of cable. They include::
- Submersible pump cable
- Submersible pump wire
- Submersible well pump cable
- Submersible well pump wire
- Submersible pump power cable
- Downhole cable
- Down hole cable
- Well pump wire
- Well pump cable
Contact Galaxy Wire & Cable for Submersible Pump Cable, Downhole Cable
Contact Galaxy for further assistance with submersible pump cable, submersible pump wire, downhold cable.
Kevlar® and Nomex® are registered trademarks of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.