Vented Cable, Vent Tube Cable
Galaxy is a leading supplier of custom and stock vented cable, also known as vent tube cable or breather tube cable. Galaxy can help design a custom solution to meet specific vented cable application needs.
What is a Vented Cable?
A vented tube cable is a cable that has one or more usual conductors and also contains hollow tubes that can be made from various materials. The typical tube is manufactured from Nylon, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polyurethane (PU), or Polyethylene (PE).
Benefits of a Vented Cable
Vent tubes are typically used within a cable to allow for fluid or air pressure sensing. These vent tubes/breather tubes allow for changes in pressure without affecting the accuracy of the readings. Galaxy can design a custom vent tube cable to meet exact specifications or offer a better option or value to a cable currently in use.
Vented Cable Applications
Galaxy supplies vent tube cables for:
- Fuel Flow Systems
- Fuel Level Measurement
- Pressure Measurement
- Waste Water Measurement
- Many More Applications
Galaxy Differentiators / Advantages for Vented Cable
Galaxy designs custom vented tube cable around specific application circumstances to provide a vented cable with longer life, reduced down time and measurable cost reduction. Various shielding, insulation and jacketing materials are available. No matter what the demand or application, Galaxy can design and provide the vented cable needed for specific applications.
Galaxy offers vented cable with the following different types of tubes:
- Nylon Tubes
- Polyethylene (PE) Tubes
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Tubes
- Polyurethane (PU) Tubes
- Vented cable from Galaxy is available with the following materials: braid shielding, spiral shielding, serve shielding and more.
- Strength members that can include aramid fiber and Kevlar®.
- Insulation and Jacketing material can consist of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polyethylene (LDPE, MDPE, HDPE), Nylon, Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR), Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE), Tefzel® (ETFE), Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE ), Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP), Perfluoroalkoxy (PFA), Silicone Rubber, Hytrel®, Polyurethane (PU), Cross Linked Polyethylene (XLPE).
- Nylon, Polyurethane (PU), Polyethylene (PE), and Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) tubes
Vent Tube Cable Technical Specifications
Galaxy offers vent tube cable in the following ranges of technical specifications:
- Gauge: 34AWG – 10AWG
- Voltage: per specific requirement
- Temperature -70C ⁰C to +200 ⁰C
FAQs about Vented Cable
Can multiple vent tubes be used in one cable design?
Yes, however the way that the cable is designed would be critical to ensure that it would function as it was intended to. Galaxy can assist in the design process to meet exact needs.
There are various terms used in the wire and cable industry related to this type of cable. They include:
- Vented Cable
- Vent Tube Cable
- Breather Tube Cable
- Cable and Tube for Pressure Sensor
- Cable and Tube for Transmitter
Contact Galaxy Wire & Cable for Vented Cable
Contact Galaxy for further assistance with vented cables, vent tube cables and breather tube cables.
Kevlar®, Hytrel® and Tefzel® are registered trademarks of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.